Saturday, April 25, 2009

Matt calls me a "recessionista"



He calls me a recessionista...



With all that's going on these days with the economy and our change from a country club wedding to a classy rustic Southern wedding on a farm, we've had to be very creative in order to stretch a buck when it comes to planning our soiree...It's recession-chic meets preppy. I've always been a Vera Bradley/Lilly Pulitzer wearing thrift-store shopper, so I guess it's perfect.





The whole event is coming together wonderfully. We have built an awesome team of helpers, coordinators, vendors, caterers, entertainers, and decorators for the Big Day to help us put all of our ideas into play! I find things we can use to decorate, make little pictures and drawings, and thank goodness Matt can figure out the logistics of it...






Here's an example: I bought 500 feet of string lights and white linen fabric, and have all these plans for wrapping posts and rafters in the barn, but take no thought into extension cords or outlets--that's where Matt comes in with the plan of attack. I love that we work so great as a team.


Also--I've learned that we're using a common item in a lot of our decorating, which helps meld the preppy theme and Southern and rustic theme all at once--the mason jar.



We have so many great plans for decorating with these versatile everyday items--it's unbelievable. I can't wait!



Here are some of our inspirations:



















only 140 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment